The mission of the Council of Catholic Women is to support, empower, and educate all Catholic Women in spirituality, leadership, and service.
December, 2016 DCCW E-Newsletter
AFC CCW Council
The AFC CCW council consists of two representatives from each of the 4 parish CCW groups. The purpose of the AFC CCW is to strengthen communication across the 4 CCW groups and combine efforts when it benefits everyone. One of the first initiatives of this group is the calendar below.
Chairwomen of our CCW Councils
|Robin Kleinhuizen||Holy Redeemer CCW President||320-522-2874|
|MaryElla Clouse||St. Aloysius CCW President||320-523-1022|
|Theresa Tersteeg||St. Mary's CCW President||320-579-0322|
St. Mary's Council
The St. Mary's Council of Catholic Women is composed of all the women in St. Mary's Parish. It has the following commissions: Spirituality, Service, Leadership, Scholarship, and Reverence for Life. Meetings are held several times a year for the council; see the bulletin for specific times and places.
The women of the parish are divided into 8 "circles;" those circles take turns preparing funeral luncheons and are given an "assignment" each year (see below). There are three chairwomen for each circle; they share the leadership for their circle's duties.
Circle Assignments for 2020
February 8 NUDCCW Diocesan Board Meeting Circle #3
May 17 12th Grade Breakfast Circle #8
June 1 Bloodmobile Circle #1
December 12 & 13 Theme Basket/Bake Sale/Luncheon Fundraiser Circles #2 #3, #5, #6
Dues are $10 per year; make checks payable to St. Mary's CCW. An envelope is provided in the box of Sunday envelopes in October for your convenience; it can be dropped into the Sunday collection at any Mass, turned into the church office, or mailed to Deb Marks, CCW Treasurer, 830 S 4th Street, Bird Island, 55310.
St. Aloysius Council
The women of the St. Aloysius CCW carrry out their mission in a number of ways. They provide:
- Ongoing faith enrichment through local speakers, diocesan, region, and national conventions;
- Funeral lunches where each member is asked several times a year to make a salad, cupcakes or work;
- Fellowship after the 1st Sunday of the month after Mass with coffee and rolls (proceeds go to a variety of causes/social concerns);
- Fellowship (through soup and sandwiches) after Stations of the Cross, a traditional Catholic devotion during Lent;
- Charitable giving opportunities with Santa’s Closet, Hope Pregnancy Center, Mary’s Place;
- Opportunities to create quilts which are donated to local charities (group meets weekly during school year).
Holy Redeemer Council
Holy Redeemer CCW is made up of all women who are members of the parish. We are led by a Board of Directors consisting of four ladies plus the treasurer. We have three commissions - Spirituality, Service, and Leadership - plus a Historian and a Reverence for Life Chair. We meet 4 times a year. Our CCW is divided into four groups to serve coffee and rolls on the first Sunday of each month plus funeral lunches. Three ladies share chairmanship of each group. CCW Handbooks that cover group assignments and meetinig dates are done each July for the coming year, Sept - Aug. Each member receives a handbook.