Returning to Public Mass Guideline
- The Obligation to attend Sunday Mass will continue to be dispensed.
- Those over the age of 65 and those with underlying health conditions , are encouraged NOT to attend public celebrations of Mass. They my choose to attend a less crowed weekday Mass.
- Anyone who is sick, has a fever, coughing, sneezing, of feeling fatigue etc. should not come to Mass.
- We will continue to Live Stream one of our weekend Masses each Sunday.
- Parishioners must enter through the front doors, sanitize their hands and be seated where the usher directs you to sit. We will fill the church from front to back.
- Seating of the church will be limited to33% capacity. Once we are filled to capacity, you may not be able to attend.
- We will seat people as families, couples or individuals at the ends of each pew. Keeping one pew apart.
- Plan on remaining in your pew, until the end of Mass, when you come forward for communion and then exit out the side doors. You will have a chance to put your offering in a basket as you leave the church. You will also be able to pick up a bulletin as you exit.
- Parishioners are required to wear face masks at Mass as mandated for all public places.
- When coming to Mass will require more walking and use of stairs than you are accustomed to when coming to Mass. Those with mobility issues should keep this in mind if they plan to attend Mass.
- The new worship hymnals/missalettes for 2021 are available for you to pick up, use during Mass, and take home with you. Please do not leave them in your pew when you leave.
- Liturgical ministers will be limited and ushers will be asked to wear masks.
- Sung Music will be limited, common or well known hymns will be used.
- No sign of peace and no greetings with hands will take place
- No processionals will take place
- The Great Command to love our God, Our Neighbor and Ourselves continues to be our guide. We ask everyone to be mindful of their Neighbor and take care to protect them by keeping these and other social distancing practices.
AFC News and Updates
Posted in AFC News on 12/30/20
February 17, 2021- Ash Wednesday 8:30 am Mass at St. Aloysius 11:00 am Mass ... Read More »
Posted in AFC News on 12/01/20
Have you recently given of your time, talent or treasure in our parish or ... Read More »
Access Mass Videos
The Heart of Jesus Area Faith Community is Live Streaming Sunday Masses on Sundays at 8:30 through the AFC Facebook Page. ( June 7th Mass will be live at 10 am for St. John's Final Mass and June 14th at 10:30 am at St. Mary's for a welcome Mass)
To find our facebook page click here.
Some important things to remember:
- You DO NOT need to have a facebook count to access the facebook live videos.
- We are starting our live feed a few minutes prior to 8:30am with a prelude music to give people a chance to find the live feed.
- You made need to refresh your web browser at 8:30am if you don't see the live video. (There should be a red "LIVE" box in the upper left hand corner of the video).
- You can access the recorded Mass after the live recording is finished. Say you can't find the video until 9:00am and find Mass is half way through already. If you wait until 9:30am when Mass and the video is finished recording, you will have the option to start Mass from the beginning.
PAST SUNDAY SERVICES
Prior services can be viewed on our youtube channel. Sunday services will be available to watch by Tuesday mornings. Masses will also be aired on the local Bird Island and Olivia channels at 11am on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
St. Mary - M- Th: 9am -4pm, F: 9am- 12pm (noon)
St. Aloysius - M- Th: 9am -4pm, F: 9am- 12pm (noon)
Holy Redeemer - Please contact St. Aloysius